Geographic Information System
GIS Group of KELTRON provides geo-spatial solutions to various customers across India since 2008. With the changing global scenario, GIS technology is evolving itself. Its major application in the field of Police Department, Election Commission Department, Health Department, Transport etc., makes Keltron to develop a well-equipped GIS division. We have highly skilled multidisciplinary team of Project Managers, Engineers, GIS Specialists and skilled workforce with proven track record provides innovative and intelligent technical solution in a timely and cost effective manner. We are provided with quality certifications and appreciations from different government departments.
- Geographic Implies that locations of the data items are known, or can be calculated, in terms of Geographic coordinates (Latitude, Longitude
- Information Implies that the data in a GIS are organized to yield useful knowledge, often as colored maps and images, but also as statistical graphics, tables, and various on-screen responses to interactive queried SYSTEM
- System Implies that, indicates that GIS is made up of many interconnected and linked components with different functions. Thus, GIS have functional capabilities for data capture, input, manipulation, transformation, visualization, combinations, query, analysis, modeling and output.
- Asset Mapping
GIS mapping entails layering multiple sets of geographical data so that users can view various combinations of data on the map. For example, sets of data such as population, locations of specific buildings, and locations of utilities can be layered on top of a base map. The assets can be Land, building, Point of Interest Mapping etc. which are spread geographically.
- Land, Building Footprints and Point of Interest Mapping: The mapping is useful for various departments as mentioned below;
- Revenue/Registation department: Maintenance of authentic land records is key to efficient management of land. Manual system of record keeping has not proved adequate and been marked by opacity, untimely updation or non-updation, corruption and harassment to the people. Implementation of web-based Integrated Land records management System by ensuring interconnectivity among the Revenue Circle, Sub- registrar, Deputy Commissioners' offices and the Directorate of land Records is a tool for ensuring optimum efficiency, transparency and accountability in the revenue administration. The geospatial technologies and GIS software provide Digitization of land records with geospatial information. The application can be integrated to geographical data of Survey / resurvey along with other textual parameters can be used as tool for the department officials for the fast and easy retircal of their land records.
- Disaster Mamagement Authority:
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) have become the promising tool for an effective analysis associated with the study of geologic hazards. GIS is an ideal tool for landslide modeling owing to its versatility in handling a large set of data, providing an efficient environment for analysis and display of results with its powerful set of tools for collecting, storing, retrieving, transforming and displaying spatial data from the real world.
The ability of GIS to present the data and analysis results in map forms plays a key role in identifying the critical areas based on the geographic dataset (where more rigorous analysis and improved solution is required) by its interactive visualization in a spatially optimized mode. To identify the location we require various thematic maps like land use/land cover, slope, elevation, lithology, lineament density, drainage density, soil, road density and rainfall data along with live updates from the sensors in critical locations.
- Agriculture Department:
The land use mapping with other attributes like physiography, soil parameter etc. are used as a decesion support system for the department officials. Implementation of GIS Asset Mapping System for land and equipment is an one-stop platform for farmers to get required equipments. Machineries, Materials and other support on a timely basis to avoid unnecessary delay in completing the work on time and department to get the information of unused suitable land for agriculture as well as keep the record of land already identified for cultivation. This digital platform to help officers as well as farmers to assure cost effective services using a simple mobile/web-based application.
- We offer excellent services to our clients globally for mapping and interpreting spatial information. We have developed a solution for storing, analyzing and displaying geographic information for better navigation.
- We are well versed in creating, updating and maintaining GIS mapping and conversion, land base data mapping, digital image processing, vehicle tracking and location based solutions.
- GIS Solutions allows us to create customized GIS mapping solutions for transportation and utilities (telecom, power supply, water supply, sewage).
- Arc GIS Pro
- QGIS 3.18
- Google Earth Pro
- Google Map
- Mapinfo Pro
- Vector Data formats:
File based: shp, mdb, KML,GPX,GML, etc.
Database based: PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Raster Data formats
Geo-Tiff, Tiff, img
- Supports numerous OGC (Open Geospatial Consortium) standards
- Experienced manpower in the geospatial sector.
- Remote sensing Analysis
- Image Classifications
- Prediction map Analaysis – Interpolation method
- 3D GIS mapping and modelling
- Attractive Cartographic Mapping
- Thematic Mapping
- GIS based Asset, Infrastructure/Utility Mapping
- Fleet Management & Vehicle tracking
- Urban Planning
- Property Tax Mapping
- Environment Sensitivity Index Survey
- Resource Information System
- GIS Data creation and Analysis
- Remote Sensing services
- Decision Support System Packages
- Can access Google map and Open street maps
- Feature based on graphs / Reports
- GIS Enabled Law Enforcement for Better Service Delivery to Citizen Project (Crime Mapping) for Kerala Police
The project aims to create a real time centralized spatial crime database for better planning, decision support and analysis. Developed a GIS based Web application in Open source Technology for Kerala police. The Jurisdiction boundaries like Station, Circle, sub-Division etc along with all police assets were mapped and integrated to GIS system. The system helps quick data analysis and generation of various reports for better policing services to the public and real time monitoring of the department vehicles in a centralized manner.
- Wetland Inventory Assessment and Monitoring System (WIAMS) for State Wetland Authority Kerala
The project aims to create GIS based Ramsar inventory and monitoring system of Kerala using free and Open source technologies. Application provides GIS based map view with wetland specific layers and auxillary layer, Dashboard, Analysis -Water quality/Sedement Quality Analysis using GIS Interpolation Method, Graphical Representation of Seasonal Comparison, Population Density Analysis using Dot Density Analysis (DDA), Upload layers, Export map, Generation of Health card of wetland based on the seasonal field observation parameter values, Spatial search etc.
- Geo portal for Directorate of Industries and Commerce
Keltron has developed a geo-portal for MSME ventures in the State, the redesigned website for the directorate of Industries and Commerce, Vyavasaya Jalakam. This web and mobile application is a centralized repositories of various types of industries comes under DIC with 115 attributes.
- Integrated GIS based Vehicle Tracking and Distress Call Response Management System (IGVTDC) for Kolakata Police
Keltron has executed the IGVTDC project for Kolkata Police. Digitization of Footprints, Roads, Hydrology and Tramlines etc. was done in Kolkata city police jurisdiction which is about 243sq. km. Conducted effective door-to-door survey of around 1 lakh buildings having 10 lakh entities in the project area.
- Development of GIS-based Web Information System for Chief Electoral Officer in Kerala
- Zone and ward wise density analysis for diseases like Dengue, Lepto and Scrub for Thiruvananthapuram Municipal Corporation
- IGSG - Integrated Government Service Gateway – IT Mission
- Raster Data:
Raster data is made up of pixels (also referred to as grid cells). Raster models are useful for storing data that varies continuously, as in an aerial photograph, an elevation surface or a satellite image. But it depends on the cell size for spatial accuracy.
- Vector Data:
Vector graphics are comprised of vertices and paths. The three basic symbol types for vector data are points, lines and polygons (areas).In GIS terminology, real-world features are called spatial entities.The decision to choose vector points, lines or polygons is governed by the cartographer and scale of the map. Vector points are simply XY coordinates. When features are too small to be represented as polygons, points are used