Officer under the C.S.I.R, to teach modern semiconductor electronics in the Electrical Engineering Department of the Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi, as a part of the Scientist pool scheme initiated by Late Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru to bring back talented Indians working abroad. Nambiar stayed there till 1964 before joining Philips India as Manager of Projects. in 1967, he left Philips and joined Bharat Electronics Limited as Joint Head of the Piezo Electric Crystal Division in Bangalore, where he set up the first communication crystals factory in India during his brief stay there.
Kerala Government, in 1989, appointed him as the Honorary Special Advisor and that was when he drew up the blueprint for Techno Park in Thiruvananthapuram. The Park came into existence on 31 March 1991.While acting as the Special Advisor, Nambiar set up a private company in Bangalore, Namtech Electronic Devices Limited, for the manufacture of Fail Safe Gas Discharge Tubes used as Surge Arresters in Electronic and Telecommunication equipment. Namtech is also involved in the manufacture of quartz crystals, crystal oscillators, light emitting diodes (LEDs) and LED Displays.
- Research Scholar - Imperial College of Science & Technology, University of London
- Technical Management - Texas Instruments
- Scientist Pool Officer - CSIR
- Manager (Projects) - Philips India
- Joint Division Head - Piezo Electric Crystal Division, Bharat Electronics Limited
- General Manager - National Radio and Electronics Co. Limited (NELCO)
- Founder - Tata Electronic Research and Development Labs
- Founder Chairman and Managing Director - KELTRON
- Executive Chairman KELTRON
- Founder Chairman of Electronic Research & Development Centre
- Secretary to Government of India - Department of Electronics
- Chairman & Managing Director - Indian Telephone Industries Limited
- Special Advisor to the Government of Kerala on Industries
- Chairman, Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kozhikode
- Chairman - Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management (IIITM-K), Kerala
- Chairman - Namtech Electronic Devices Limited
- Chairman - Namtech Tai Ltd
- Promoter - Bowthorpe Thermometrics India (P) Limited
- Vice Chairman - World Malayalee Council
Electronics Man of the year 1994-95 by ELCINA (Electronics Component Industries Association) presented at New Delhi by the Commerce Minister Sri. P. Chidambaram on 15th September, 1995.
Vasvik Award, in the field of Electronic Science & Technology - 1986. National Design Award - 1985 (Institution of Engineers, India) presented by the Union Industries Minister.
Science & Technology Award - Kerala 1978 by the Govt. of Kerala presented by the Chief Minister of Kerala.
Republic Day Award - 1973 by Invention Promotion Board of CSIR, Govt. of India
Awards To Institutions Set Up And Lead By Mr. Nambiar...
FICCI - 1972 Award for outstanding contribution for research in Science & Technology awarded to Tata Electronic Research & Development Laboratories of Tata Electric Companies on 1st March, 1973 by the Prime Minister Smt. Indira Gandhi and received by Mr. Nambiar.
FICCI - 1983 award in recognition of Institutional initiative in Research in Science & Technology to Electronic Research & Development Centre (ER & DC) at Trivandrum, presented in New Delhi by the Finance Minister of India.
ELCINA AWARD - 1983 to ER & DC, Trivandrum in recognition of the contribution to R & D in Electronics.