- KJ-Class - 1A
- CLASS -2, 3, 4 & 5
The positioner includes:
- A balance beam
- A bellow applying to the balance beam a force proportional to the pneumatic input signal
- A positioning spring applying a variable load to balance the beam through a cam and linkage.
- An inter-changeable cam related to the stroke of the actuator and making possible any characteristics between actuator position and pneumatic input signal.
- A pilot valve producing a pneumatic control signal related to the balance of forces applied to the beam. Owning to the pilot valve, actuator position is in direct relationship to pneumatic input signal.
- Four types of pilot valves, class 2,3,4 and 5 are available to select the actuator response speed. Pilot valves class 2 and 3 are for standard application while class 4 and 5 meet special requirements.
- Supply pressure -2.8 to 7 kg/cm2
- Air consumption: under normal temperature and pressure condition with 3.5 kg/cm2 supply pressure
|Pilot valve||Permanent rate||Mean transient rate|
|Class 2||0.8 m3/h||6 m3/h|
|Class 3||1.8 m3/h||12 m3/h|
|Class 4||1.8 m3/h||22 m3/h|
|Class 5||3.5 m3/h||40 m3/h|
Sensitivity - better than 0.5% of full scale
Linearity ± 1% of full scale
Repeatability ± 3% of full scale
Accuracy ± 1% of full scale
Hysterisis ± 1% of full scale
|Positioner cam characteristics||A||A1/2||B||B1/2||C||C1/2|
*rotation corresponding to full travel of actuator